Saturday, June 22, 2013

Long Drive + Entertainment = Bathroom Humour...


Day 2, Saturday June 22

Today is one of our longer driving days which is about 10 -11 hours.  

First I must say, I am my happiest on the road and enjoy the natural scenery from the roadside grasses and flowers to the trees, ponds, bridges and lakes, to the valleys, gullies and ....road side signs.  

Needless to say there are things a person needs/has to do to pass the time and make the long drive interesting.   We have our eyes peeled for anything and all things interesting.  

The sign posts we pass and find humorous, but alas were not quick on the draw to get a picture were seen in the following order ... The Testicle Festival (big picture of a bull holding his...yep, you guessed it, his nether regions), this was followed by a road sign for the town of Bonner, followed by an exit sign to Butte.  And yes, I have the male gender traveling in the car!

Once we get to Montana (didn’t take that long - this morning we left  Spokane Washington, entered Idaho and then entered Montana in a matter of about 2 hours) we notice huge white letters on the sides of the hills and are excited and look forward to photographing them...maybe we can get  the full alphabet  in letters before we get back to Canada!






And lastly, today the day has been about....rest stops.   About every hour, we stop at the roadside rest stop, do our thing and hop back in the car.  It doesn’t take long to find we are traveling with a “band of sisters” that have the same bladder capacity as me!   It’s like the  “the yaya sisters and the traveling bladders” movie.  

By the time we got Joliet Montana (Joliet is so similar to Toilet don’t you think??!!), I had to ask the other “sisters” where they were headed to .  They were going as far as Billings, so we will be alone in our journey after Billings.  Shucks!  The sisters and I were almost at the “what’s your name” basis.  





Lucas wonders “ what is it with you women having to pee every hour, and I wonder “what is it with you men that you need to look at women every 3 seconds?”

So that’s the level we stoop to, to entertain ourselves on a long driving day.  Although I must say it is such a delight to travel in the states where rest stops are there when you need them...for everyone...




No comments:

Post a Comment